Development Engineer – Building the future
Do you want to develop software supporting the community of developers working on next generation Alexa Skills?
If so, join us on the Alexa Tech team in Bellevue, WA as a Software Engineer; an innovative and growing part of Amazon.com, Alexa COPS organization. We're a group of talented engineers who are empowered and driven to build world class experiences for both developers and end users. We are continuing to innovate in the monitoring and analytics space and have some very exciting plans for the future. This is a rare opportunity to join a team in the initial phase of our design/development and directly influence our long-term strategy & success.
We are passionate about building highly scalable distributed systems to support the skill developer community.
Our team is responsible for ensuring the highest quality Developer & Customer Experience and is tasked with building a responsive, high performance services & world-class user experiences. We are looking for a talented Software Engineer who is able to look at the big picture: from both a business and technical perspective. Individuals interested in this position should have demonstrated success in building high-performance, reliable software in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. Your code will bring Alexa Skills to millions and millions of consumers. Are you ready?
What are you passionate about?
We're looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us execute on our vision. You will lead and help drive the technical decision-making process and develop innovative deliverables for the entire development team.
Specifically, you will:
· Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
· Utilize various metrics sources to deliver rapid iterations of software features
· Solve difficult problems with elegant and practical code
· Raise the bar on quality, consistency, maintainability, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software
· Help define engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team
· Participate as an engineering leader in the larger group of Amazon.com companies
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, create functional and engaging features, and ensure their needs always come first
Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
We are located in Bellevue, WA. Learn more about Alexa online.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.