Description de l'offre
The Alexa Shopping NLU team at Amazon strives to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their smart devices such as Echo, Echo Show, Fire TV, and beyond. Our services allow you to shop, anywhere, easily without interrupting what you're doing – to go from “I want” to “It's on the way” in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best software engineers to help us create new ways to shop. Join us, and help invent the future of everyday life. The products you would envision and craft require ambitious thinking and a tireless focus on inventing solution to solve customer problems.
You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. You should be passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience and writing high quality, well tested, maintainable code using a variety of languages and storage technologies in a massively scaled environment. We deploy continuously, realizing that software only has value when it is in the hands of our customers. We use Scrum as the development methodology to build software incrementally to meet business objectives in an evolving environment. We refactor systems as needed to keep the code base flexible, maintainable, and long lived. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we'd love to hear from you.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent in related field
· 2+ years of relevant engineering experience
· Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
· Proficiency in at least one of the following: Java, C++, C#, Python, Ruby
· Analytical abilities and design skills
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Strong written and verbal communication skills