Are you excited about building sophisticated distributed systems, low latency services, application of advanced machine learning techniques and mining of big data? Are you interested in working on services that are called 1000's of times per second and have latency requirement in the low milliseconds? Do you want to work on services that affect the way our customer buy products and have huge business impact? The Featured Merchant Algorithm or Buy Box) team provides the opportunity to work on these one-of-a-kind problems and we are looking for smart developers to join the existing group of talented engineers in the team.
The team owns services that are exercised every time a customer looks at a product on the Amazon site. We process large amounts of data and come up with algorithms that run in real time. This requires the use of sophisticated distributed systems, application of advanced machine learning techniques and mining big data.
In FMA an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. You will get an opportunity to work on many different technologies including Amazon Web Services, E Commerce Services, Marketplace, Operations, Platform Technologies and Retail.
Why would you want to work for the Featured Merchant Algorithm team?
· Impact/Scale: You build systems that are exercised every time a customer sees any item on the Amazon website.
· Customer Impact: You build systems that help our customers make decisions on the best offers to buy.
· Learning: Work alongside some of Amazon's smartest engineers.
· Wear many hats: You will have deep ownership of many different aspects of the service, such as product direction, technical design and implementation, and operations.
· Have fun: Our mantra is to work hard, play hard, and have fun. We also find ways to relax and unwind, with beer bashes, team events, and group lunches. You can also participate in a multitude of Amazon corporate events.