When the world talks about “Amazon-scale”, they usually mean the Amazon websites. Our team builds the frameworks that power some of the highest-traffic, lowest-latency websites in the world. Every request is answered with content unique to each customer, built on-demand with each click from thousands of back-end inputs. For most requests this happens in milliseconds. But, it's not fast enough. How can we go even faster while adding more rich content? How do we provide deeper personalization? How do we empower all Amazon developers to innovate without operational risk? How do we support new platforms beyond mobile - TV, Alexa? We need experienced engineers to help us design and build the next generation website platforms.
We need your technical prowess to solve some incredibly hard problems. Your immediate customers are other developers, and your ideas and code will be used by hundreds of millions of real users world–wide to make their lives a little easier, a little more fun.You will have the opportunity to impact the technical choices we make at Amazon and how Amazon developers develop the website. You will apply your experience and learn new skills - both technical skills and soft skills. After a job well done, you will have the satisfaction of seeing its wide impact across the developer community at Amazon.
We're looking for developers with a passion for delivering results and strong ownership. You'll collaborate with, learn from, and teach some of the best engineers in the world. Amazon is a place where builders build. It's still Day One. Help us build our future.
· Play a major role in the design and implementation of the system capable of supporting a wide range of use cases, and high scale with high quality.
· Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams across the company to launch best in class technical solutions for this initiative.
· Lead the design reviews for your team and actively participate in design reviews of related software or other team software.
· Optimize the performance and improve the availability of the system to meet and exceed Amazon's quality bar.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 4+ years of software development experience.
· 2+ years experience developing highly-secure, highly-maintainable, and fast applications (threat analysis, design patterns, performance profiling).
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations