AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join us on our AWS Elemental MediaStore team, where you will help us give our customers the freedom to focus on what matters: transforming ideas into compelling content that captivates viewers.
In this role, you will be responsible for building new cloud features and architectures around AWS Elemental's live video in-memory storage system, and will help build features in support of MediaStore's roadmap. You will be a technical leader on the team, solving complex scaling problems that come with delivering video to millions of viewers over HTTP. Your job is to abstract this complexity and operational burden away from our customers, so they can trust that video is delivered reliably to all of their users' devices (phones, tablets, computers, TVs).
This role requires outstanding programming skills, and a passion for creating robust distributed systems. As a key member of the team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing. You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems. We are looking for technical leaders!
What you'll do:
· Design and implement new features from design to final test to operationalization
· Define and achieve performance metrics, and instill the operational practices needed to sustain them
· Learn a great deal about modern media technologies
· Influence the future technical direction of our product
· Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment
· Make a significant contribution to launching new capabilities in AWS Elemental MediaStore
· Become an expert on AWS tooling and operational practices