Description de l'offre
Do you enjoy the challenge and ownership that comes from developing complex systems that touch most of Amazon.com's systems; ranging from front-end CX through core Amazon back-end systems? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions?
The Amazon Access Points team invites all passionate and driven Software Development Engineers to join them in delivering new innovative customer experiences to its customers. The Access Points team owns all flavors of Pickup solutions in Amazon starting from Lockers, Third Party pick-up stations to Amazon owned and manned pickup points with a total of about 200k nodes across 10 market places. The program focuses on providing the most friction-less and convenient experience to customers to pickup their packages at a time and place of their convenience. Focusing on customer buying behavior, providing the right recommendations and keeping customer engaged and increasing conversion on Pickup are some of the key goals of our program. You will have the opportunity to architect and design a large scale distributed system from scratch which will implement the core algorithms for finding the more relevant pickup points for any search criteria and a world class UX for surfacing those pickup points to our customers all while working on some of the latest and greatest technologies on both the backend and frontend.
We're looking for people who are entrepreneurial and like to wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that mirrors more of a startup than a big company. The desired candidate should be able to work on a wide variety of technologies such as Java based web applications and services, scalable job management solutions, BPM tools, NoSQL, AWS services like RDS, Ruby on Rails and Machine Learning among others.
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
· 2+ years of Software Development experience.
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java/C# on a UNIX or Linux/Windows platform).
· Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development.
· Solid experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
· Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities.
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.