Description de l'offre
Prime Video is known for its ground-breaking impact, and in case you think there is nothing more to do, then think again. We are building a new global innovation platform designed to transform how we develop, test, verify and automate against Amazon Video physical devices.
With platform complexity increasing, and exponential increases in the number of customer device types, our ability to test on customer devices has understandably struggled to keep up.
With hundreds of devices currently supported, and many more being certified in the future, we are changing how we work with devices to ensure that even at this scale we can assure the exceptional customer experience at all times.
We are designing the next generation cloud platform for both physical and virtual Prime Video devices.
Working with devices is a hard engineering problem, due to the fact that they typically share no standard operating system, I/O, installation or debugging tooling. We have to support all of them from the latest Android right through to Smart TVs.
We plan to make working with devices easy to the point that it becomes a transparent platform with homogeneous RESTful APIs no matter how complex the device itself might be.
We are looking for engineers who can design, build, and own low level hardware systems with network capabilities, such as power control over IP, VPN systems, Smart TVs and games consoles. You will be working to create software driven capabilities to control devices using micro-processors, or flashing firmware using APIs, as well as working out how to rack mount and control TVs and boards in racks globally. Operational excellence is also your concern, as you will define and implement metrics, operational systems to monitor, and ensure system reliablity, performance and security.
· Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Experience with one or more of Ruby, Perl, Python
· Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization
· Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns
· OS fundamentals and systems architecture
· Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture
· Experience working in an Agile environment
· Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
· Strong written and verbal English communications skills