Identity Services owns the systems that enable authenticating and identifying every Amazon customer in the world. Every aspect of the Amazon global business depends on our systems to know who the customer is, and if our systems are not up and running, the company stops. We balance keeping our systems fast, scalable and performant (no exceptions!) with rapidly delivering great features for Amazon customers and our developer partners. In short, we get to own and innovate on a critical customer experience while also supporting nearly every other business at the company; the best of both worlds!
The AddressUX team within Identity Services owns the front end and backend services that provide address user experience for all the customer addresses across various Amazon systems. Our systems are in use for every order placed on Amazon. We build user interfaces that are intuitive, fast, robust and reliable for a variety of complex business use cases across mobile, web, devices in the living room and beyond.
We are looking for developers who are passionate about building secure and intuitive customer experiences and who love the challenge of building performant and robust systems at scale. Come join our team of developers, experts in building and supporting large scale Java services used by the millions of customers logging into their accounts every minute.
· Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
· Responsible for portions of the systems architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
· Lead software developers in design, implementation and operations
· Be very hands-on, participate in designs, reviews and develop code
· Real-time operational support of the team’s functional areas
· Maintain current technical knowledge to advance thought leadership and technology breakthroughs
· Must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities
· Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements