Description de l'offre
Amazon is looking for Software Development Engineers for a new initiative within Alexa search. Alexa search is part of our ongoing Alexa Information efforts focused on reinventing information extraction and retrieval for a voice-forward, multi-modal future.
You will have an opportunity to directly impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of products that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for someone passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, who demonstrates strong product ownership and is willing to think in new ways to solve difficult problems.
The ideal candidate has a track record of success in delivering new features and products, solving problems, and learning new technologies quickly. A commitment to teamwork, proactive approach to solving problems, and strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires technical expertise, understanding of computer science fundamentals, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person is comfortable delivering quality solutions in a fast-growing environment where priorities may change rapidly.
What you will do
· Design, develop, and extend high performance, test-driven code that meets requirements and is scalable and maintainable
· Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing new system architecture and improvements
· Build on and maintain an existing code base as well as new components; maintain production code and contribute to deployment and QA processes
· Participate in prioritization, estimation, and sprint planning
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
· 3+ years industry experience building production software systems
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
· Experience in modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Python), open-source technologies and Linux.