Description de l'offre
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer – Middleware, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will work closely with the hardware, ops, user-space and QA teams. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a high-performance, low-power, stable middleware platform.
The Software Development Engineer will provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation and support of custom embedded Java Libraries across multiple platforms. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for the architecture and design of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of major routines and utilities
· Maintain and improve existing software
· Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
· Bachelor's degree in EE, Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of experience building production software systems
· 3+ years of experience taking product requirements and developing software architectures and designs