Description de l'offre
We’re growing our software engineering team to expand the AmazonSmile program and make it even easier for our customers to support their favorite charitable organization every time they shop.
As a Software Development Engineer, you’ll be working with our team responsible for the core infrastructure that powers the retail website, our charity registration portal (OrgCentral), and our donation processing system. You’ll have opportunities to process big data and design and implement services at high scale (millions of orders), all while supporting almost a million non profits across multiple countries.
You are right for the team if:
· You have a positive and optimistic personality. Setbacks motivate you to work harder.
· You’d prefer to be thrown in the deep end and solve complex problems for yourself rather than have your hand held.
· You adapt to change well, and aren’t particularly phased by course changes.
· You truly care about the business results of what you build, in addition to the elegance of the technology you build.
If that sounds like you and you meet the software engineering qualifications below, then you should apply for this position. If this isn't you but sounds like someone you know, then send this page their way.
Our engineers are required to have these qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, such as C++, Java, or Python
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience designing and implementing distributed systems