Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an
infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can
requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you
go for only the resources you need. This role will be focused on building a new V1 service: AWS Glue.
AWS provides a collection of rapidly growing Big Data services designed for the cloud that span the
gamut from EMR to Redshift to RDS Aurora. These services manage all
the work needed to set up, operate, and scale data services ranging
from big data platforms to data warehouses to operational databases.
By automating tedious, labor-intensive administrative tasks, these
services enable customers to spend their time focusing on their data
and business insights.
Joining the AWS Glue gives you the opportunity to:
· Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
· Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
· Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
· Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
· Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for developers with expertise and passion for building
large-scale data-intensive systems and distributed systems. In
particular, we are looking for developers that want to work on the
next generation big data systems that will transform data management
on AWS and across the industry.
Experience with large scale data analytics, big data platforms, highly
available/fault tolerant systems, replicated data storage, and
operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
· Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
· Coding and testing complex system components
· Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
· Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
· Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
· Mentoring other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team