Description de l'offre
Amazon — a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. We want associates, who will help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from web site, to e-commerce partner, to development platform, is driven by the spirit of invention that's part of our DNA. We do this daily by solving complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history, and the good news is that we've only just begun. Every day is Day-One at Amazon!
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Sr. Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. Run with the spirit and energy of a start-up, Alexa NTI (New Technology Initiatives) is focused on leveraging emerging technologies (Alexa voice recognition, IoT, etc.) to create new product opportunities that deliver the future to our customers and partners.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
Key responsibilities include:
· Develop and launch core product features.
· Influence our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
· Create world class software and firmware
· Interact with cross-functional engineering teams across the company
· Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
· Participate in design reviews
· Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 1+ years of industry experience, building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial, online services
· Experience developing object-oriented software
· Experience in one or more relevant languages such as C, C++, Java or Python