Description de l'offre
Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates software, hardware, and the processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move billions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
Our inventory management system is the authoritative source of information for billions of inventory units that Amazon holds in its Fulfillment Centers (FC), worldwide. As new inventory arrives at the FC, the system will route products to optimal locations within the FC based on space availability, customer demand and buying patterns. The system tracks the state of all items and their location, and will share the availability to upstream systems, to make the items sellable on the Amazon website. Based on a customer order, the system will reserve specific items and track them through various stages of order fulfillment, until the customer shipment departs the FC. This system monitors for discrepancies between virtual and physical states to measure the quality of our data and decisions. Finally, the inventory management system is responsible for tracking the costs associated with inventory transactions, so that Amazon can account for owned assets on behalf of retail owners and third party sellers, in real time.
As an engineer in Inventory Control, you will be challenged with building and driving innovative and scalable systems that manage Amazon inventory globally. You will build world-class bespoke financial software from the ground up to support Amazon's expanding global business. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. The world is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will be able to learn as much as you contribute.
Providing a scalable system to support Amazon's expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate inventory information is a critical piece. Every activity in an FC requires access to inventory data. While write operations need ACID properties, fast aggregated read access to changing inventory states is required for various applications. Sharing and transforming these data sets is a problem that has eclipsed classical relational database technology.
As an engineer in Inventory Control, you will be challenged with building and driving innovative and scalable systems that manage Amazon inventory globally. You will tackle architectural challenges in making a large volume of constantly changing data available to various applications owned by diverse customers and business use cases. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. The world is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will be able to learn as much as you contribute.
· Participate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the businesses they support.
· Participate in the definition of secure, scalable, and low-latency services and efficient physical processes.
· Work in expert cross-functional teams delivering on demanding projects.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
· Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ year relevant experience.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language.
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
· Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
· High sense of ownership, self-motivation, and desire to delight customers.