Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice.
We are building large scale distributed systems to serve growing needs of Kindle customers on Alexa and redefine Kindle books listening experience on Alexa enabled devices. Our team works backwards from customers by understanding their needs to design and implement solutions that addresses their current needs and scales for future. We are inventing the future, come join us.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers who can expand their knowledge of server and client software systems to deliver product that will have huge impact on Kindle Customers' experience on Alexa.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact to the design, architecture, and implementation of products that span multiple internal Amazon teams, to deliver solutions that are customer delighters. This role will have regular interactions with various internal business owners to help prioritize tasks/projects, handling system issues, and managing communication across all stakeholders.
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
· Designs scalable software systems that solve key business problems and contribute to scaling the business
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to manage small and medium-sized technical projects with minimal supervision
· Track record of designing and building complex software system
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation