Description de l'offre
Amazon.com's long-term vision is to enable a seamless experience for all Amazon customers worldwide on any Amazon website or device, in any language and for any culture. This extends to make products from any market available in any market.
Our team is responsible for building next generation services that will re-define international trade at Amazon. We want to improve how shoppers around the world discover and purchase global merchandise. We are building new services responsible for enhancing the international shopping experience. Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
· Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
· Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world.
· Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
You're looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world. You look at problems holistically, and thrive on the intricate complexity of designing feedback loops and ecosystems. You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue its exponential growth.
About us together:
We're going to enable customers from over 77 countries to purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We're going to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency. Along the way, we're going to face seemingly impossible problems. We're going to argue about how to solve them, and we'll work together to find a solution that is superior to each of the proposals we came in with. We'll make tough decisions, but we'll all understand why. We'll be the dream team.
The ideal engineer for this space will be highly quantitative, have great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience, be inventive, and have a strong track record of delivery. You also have a pragmatic approach and iterative approach to building software: you have an ability to simplify and get things done with a demonstrated track record of building and delivering software and working effectively with external and internal teams.
You may already know if you're a fit, but perhaps you're worried about technology and experience requirements? Don't be - we're looking for smart, proven, engineers; if you're the right candidate, we're flexible.
· Developing and maintaining key system features
· Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science Engineering or related field, or 3+ years of relevant experience
· 1+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
· 1+ years of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· 1+ years of experience in in an object oriented language such as Java or C#