Description de l'offre
Want to change the way all employees at Amazon process analytical data and unlock new boundaries on how and what can be processed?
Amazon's Big Data Technonlogies platform team is building a Data Lake on S3 and is looking to enable any team at Amazon to process over that data using EMR. EMR is a massively scaled distributed service that gives users fast and predictable Big Data performance with clusters running Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark, Shark and more, with the ability to effortlessly scale up and down as needed. We'll enable thousands of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets.
We are developing innovative new features including the next-generation cluster management system, processing for big data and intuitive ways of interacting with data, and we’re looking for top engineers to build from the ground up.
This is a hands-on position where you will be do everything from designing and building extremely stable components and cutting-edge features to formulating strategy for EMR at Amazon, mentor other engineers and work with the savviest customers in the business to help them get the best results. You need to not only be a top software developer with excellent programming skills, an understanding of big data and parallelization, and a stellar record of delivery but also excel at leadership and customer obsession and have a real passion for massive-scale computing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the constantly evolving and growing Big Data field
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Delivering systems and features with top-notch quality, on time
- Stay current on technical knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science (or related program) and the ability to code in any of the following;
- Java or C++, C#,Python or experience in programming with an object oriented language.
Computer Science fundamentals.
software/system design experience.