Description de l'offre
Join a team that lives at the heart of managing every item in every Amazon warehouse worldwide. We help Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) fulfill billions of orders annually. At every point in the supply chain, SkuMaster identifies items through their barcodes and provides information about them to processes and people to ensure that customers get exactly what they ordered. To move the business forward, our team needs to fundamentally change the way that Amazon models inventory, and we are looking for excited and innovated engineers to help us accelerate change and expand our business into new and interesting territory. We are beginning integration with a new data store which provides distributed transactions, transactional messaging, low latency and high availability, currently unavailable to external customers.
As an engineer in SkuMaster, you will be challenged with building and driving innovative and scalable systems that manage Amazon inventory globally. You will tackle architectural challenges in making a large volume of constantly changing data available to hundreds of applications owned by diverse customers and business use cases. SkuMaster operates at a scale where moving the needle by just 1% can help save millions of dollars. You will be supporting a Tier-1 system from inception to operations, and responsible for driving the software and infrastructure. Help drive a team to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. The world is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will be able to learn as much as you contribute.
· Design, implement, and deploy successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the businesses they support.
· Implement secure, scalable, and low-latency services to support efficient physical processes.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
· Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language.
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
· High sense of ownership, self-motivation, and desire to delight customers.