Not many teams aspire to zero. Welcome to the Worldwide Returns & ReCommerce team (WWR&R) at Amazon.com.
WW R&R is an agile, innovative organization dedicated to ‘making zero happen’ to benefit our customers, our company, and the environment. Our goal is to achieve the three zeroes: zero cost of returns, zero waste, and zero defects. We do this by developing groundbreaking products and driving unparalleled operational excellence to help customers keep what they buy, recover returned and damaged product value, keep thousands of tons of waste from landfills, and create the best customer returns experience in the world. We have an eye to the future – we create long-term value at Amazon by focusing not just on the bottom line, but on the planet. We are building the most sustainable re-use channel we can by driving multiple aspects of the Circular Economy for Amazon - returns, recommerce, and rentals.
Amazon WW R&R is comprised of business, product, operational, program, software engineering and data teams that manage the life of a returned or damaged product from a customer to the warehouse and on to its next best use. Our work is broad and deep: we train machine learning models to automate routing and find signals to optimize re-use; we invent new channels to give products a second life; we develop world-class product support to help customers love what they buy; we pilot smarter product evaluations; we work from the customer backward to find ways to make the return experience remarkably delightful and easy; and we do it all while scrutinizing our business with laser focus.
• You are enthusiastic and energized about providing an extraordinary customer experience and writing high-quality, well-tested, maintainable code.
• You are highly motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
• You love engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
• You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself and your products.
• You understand that not all solutions come easily and don’t shy away from hard work to reach your goals.
• You are eager to explore and champion new technologies like machine learning and server-less architecture.
Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing, and documentation of large-scale distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services. Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery, and maintenance. Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation. Evaluate and make decisions about the use of new or existing software products and tools. Mentor junior development engineers.
We are a group that has fun at work while driving incredible customer, business, and environmental impact. We are backed by a strong leadership group dedicated to operational excellence that empowers a reasonable work-life balance. As an established, experienced team, we offer the scope and support needed for substantial career growth.
Amazon is earth’s most customer-centric company and through WW R&R, the earth is our customer too. Come join us and innovate with the Amazon Worldwide Returns & ReCommerce team!
• Experience with NoSQL
• Experience with AWS technologies like S3, EC2, SQS, SWF
• Experience with distributed, large-scale, highly-available systems
• Experience with technical leadership
• Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, DynamoDB, ML, Kinesis, etc.
Ideal candidate profile
• 6+ years of experience with Java
• Experience with Unix/Linux environment
• Experience working closely with business partners
• BS in Computer Science or related field
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.