Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art computer vision and applied machine learning that will make a lasting impact on society?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is seeking an innovation and results-oriented Software Development Engineer in our Textract team. Amazon Textract (https://aws.amazon.com/textract/) is a new AWS service that launched in Nov. 2018 and provides deep learning-based document image analysis.
The engineering team owns the full service stack and solves challenging problems around scaling, efficiency, and reliability to make sure our customers discover content they care about. We are constantly adding new capabilities to the service. The goal is to be the bleeding edge of a highly scalable technology that can analyze billions of images daily and provide rich analytics.
This role requires strong technical expertise with a background in computer vision, excellent leadership and communication, and hands-on skills. If you are excited about the future of computer vision and building new customer experiences, we want to hear from you!
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
· Actively practicing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life-cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Domain knowledge of Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning
· Experience working in a software as a service environment (e-commerce or other high scale services)
· Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
· Experience creating new successful REST APIs and SDKs delivered in multiple languages
· Create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent industry experience.