Description de l'offre
Millions of viewers watch TV every day. They watch movies, their favorite shows, sports or even ads, ads for products that they will hopefully remember the next time they go to the retail store. There is no solution to purchase products right from your TV. In the TV Shopping team, we’re solving exactly that. We intend to revolutionize the shopping experience on your television.
Since this is a new platform and we’re still iterating on our product-market fit, we’re operating like a startup within Amazon. Do we fully understand what an ideal TV shopping experience looks like? No! That is why, in true startup fashion, we’re busy rapidly prototyping and experimenting. Join our team and help define how millions of customers will shop on their televisions.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and a strong engineering mindset. You provide perspective and context for technology choices. You’re up to the challenge of product ambiguity, platform and technology fragmentation, and other development curve balls. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You outline paths from prototype to product. You are a technical leader for your team. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team.
· Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting end consumer features.
· Architect new end-to-end features that bring shopping innovations to mobile, TV and wearable audiences.
· Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
· Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
· Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire mobile shopping team for development.
· Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in at least one modern object oriented language such as Java, C# or C++
· Excellent analytical thinking