Customer Service Associate - VCC - SJO, Costa Rica English Only
WORK FROM HOME AT THE VIRTUAL CONTACT CENTER! - This position is for external referrals only. An Amazon Customer Service Associate is a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. This vital position requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist customers in expediting orders and correcting post-sales problems. Associates communicate with customers primarily through phone, chat and email and utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies and communicate effective solutions in a fun and fast-paced environment.
Virtual Call Center (VCC) - It is a ‘Work from Home’ model for Costa Rica Customer Service. VCC associates are expected to work from a home location approved by Amazon for all scheduled hours.
- It is the responsibility of the associates to ensure uninterrupted internet connectivity and ‘work-like’ environment at home location so that associates can deliver their best in terms of productivity and quality.
- The ideal work from home Amazonian is internet savvy and has technical aptitude when it comes to online tools and research.
- The ideal candidates will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment. They will be creative and analytical problem solvers with a passion for excellent customer service.
- Being able to work an assigned schedule that falls within our operating hours is required and expected. Typically, shifts include one or both weekend days and schedules may change throughout the duration of your employment. There may be at times overtime, based on business needs.
Working hours for all staff increase substantially during our peak season (Thanksgiving through mid-January). In order to support our customers, vacation requests are not granted during our peak season unless otherwise required by law. You may also be required to work on any/all major holidays. If you’re a student, we’ll do our best to work around your school schedule!
- Excellent customer service skills, including maintaining focus on the customer issue in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills with a diverse customer base
- Demonstrates conflict resolution, negotiation, and de-escalation skills
- Demonstrates ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, escalating when necessary
- Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance, including the daily schedule as assigned
- Flexible with the working schedule; may be expected to work weekends, holidays and events
- Ability to work overtime as required by business
Problem Solving Skills:
- Effective problem solving skills including decision making, time management and immediate prioritization of tasks
- Ability to approach problems logically and rationally
- Action oriented and self-disciplined
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to quickly and effectively prioritize work time in various departments to meet business need
- Ability to maintain composure in highly escalated situations