Do you want to be an integral part of the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content? IMDb is looking for a Sr. UX Designer to create new experiences for IMDb’s 200MM+ audience of passionate entertainment consumers. We seek a designer who is customer focused and has a love for movies, television, and online video content.
As a designer, you obsess over the details, from how information is architected to the best ways to leverage visual design to communicate an idea. You’re comfortable thinking big, envisioning design solutions across multiple platforms, and diving deep to explore all possible paths in order to deliver engaging customer experiences. You repeatedly explore and translate ambiguous business requirements and design concepts into precise interactive and visual design specifications for development and implementation. You identify and define UI patterns and best-practice guidelines to help unify design projects and process throughout the company.
Open to candidates in LA and Seattle.
· Create user-centered designs that incorporate business requirements, market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
· Design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, user flows, and interaction specifications
· Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
· Proficiency with web and accessibility standards.
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Proficiency in UX design and prototyping tools
· Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Enjoy learning new design tools to keep abreast of the state of the art of design technology
· Ability to drive the design review cycle and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
· An online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions across desktop and mobile devices (flows, prototypes, wireframes) AND solid visual designs (mockups and style guides)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 6+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience.
· 5+ years of experience as a mobile/app/web designer, interaction designer, or similar role
· 5+ years of experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· 3+ years experience presenting to and influencing people, from other designers to senior executive management