Customer Engagement is a growth agent for companies that look to invest in communicating and engaging with their end customers, understanding their behaviors and unique interactions, and learning how to engage at the right precise moment with the right customer experience. Behind each of these interactions are unique moments that create an opportunity to learn and understand more about who they are and what they want. AWS Customer Engagement services (Amazon Connect, Amazon Pinpoint, Amazon SES) power over 20 billion customer interactions per day across multiple channels and use cases. We seek to create the most customer centric experiences with highly reliable, scalable, and secure engagement services that build customer knowledge, trust, and drive growth.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a Senior UX Designer who leads by doing, values diversity of thought and background, has a passion for solving problems at massive scale and brings their best self to work every day. You will improve, iterate, and reimagine the product experience to shape the next generation of our services in AWS.
What You Bring
You have an “anything is possible” mindset when faced with highly ambiguous and complex problems. You’re proud of your work, your skills, and expertise – but you’re not cynical, inflexible. You love being part of a highly collaborative and high-energy team that isn’t afraid to swing for the fences or exceed expectations, even on tactical projects.
You have a deep background in complex data products, geek out over customer experience, visualization and machine learning and believe that no experience is perfect unless it delights customers in unexpected ways. You have demonstrated design acumen and believe in the power of strategic design to differentiate experience and increase customer loyalty. You are an influencer who doesn’t hold your ideas as precious and who iterates quickly, based on data, and delivers recommendations and analysis that tell the story of the customer experience we are delivering.
You have a proven track record of inventing and simplifying elegant information architectures that make the complex feel simple to the end user.
What you will do
In this role you will be responsible for leading a variety of design initiatives across a brand new suite of features. You will work alongside product management, product/visual/interaction design, and engineering to define and build the essential lovable product. This position requires deep customer focus, the ability to dive deep and invent, and the ability to make hard decisions fast.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
· Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment
· Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
· Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases, high-level requirements
· Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on-device software applications
· Design the visual design of the web and software applications
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
· Contribute to the User Experience group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies
· Experience designing user interfaces for data visualization or data insight products.
· Experience designing for mobile, touch, voice and web.
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Experience with a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks etc.
· A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
· Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
· 3+ years of experience designing for mobile, voice, web and web based devices
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 6+ years equivalent professional experience