Description de l'offre
Technical Program Manager, Self-Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) Platform
Amazon is investing heavily in building an excellent advertising business, we are responsible for defining, and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products – “always-on analytics” that is fully scalable and reliable. Our products are strategically important to our leadership, finance, economists, analysts, and BI partners to drive long-term growth. We mine billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative, and fun loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Amazon.com's performance advertising Analytics and data management team is looking for a Technical Program Manager. As a Technical Program Manager on the team, you must be able to:
· Interact with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
· Plan and manage multiple parallel projects
· Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
· Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
· Be the glue that is able to understand, plan, and manage the cross-team inter-dependencies for complex systems
· Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
· Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches
· Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still be aggressive
· Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus
· Lead initiatives across numerous teams at Amazon, both within Ad Products, and beyond. Your focus will be to help teams design their systems and customer experiences in a manner that upholds our high bar for customer trust.
· You are able to quickly grasp system design, data flows and other technical aspects of a service. You also enjoy learning and contributing to aspects about the business, legal, or marketing side of a product.
· You are an excellent translator between various part of the business and the technical teams you work with. Above all, you feel strongly about protecting customers.
Technical Program Manager position in Amazon is a role reserved for the few outstanding technical leaders with exceptional accomplishments in program and project management. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching high scale products across marketplaces and being hands-on involved in the delivery of these initiatives, this may be the next big career move for you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Few years of experience as an Software Engineer
· 8+ years of experience in project management with at-least 3 years that involve cross team collaboration.
· Ability to resolve ambiguity and track status
· Strong familiarity with project tracking and project management tools.
· Ability to anticipate risk and provide risk mitigation plans.
· Proven track record of delivery of complex projects that span multiple teams.
· Stakeholder management with multiple owners.
· Outstanding communication skills including executive communication
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience with front end, back-end (data layer) and middle tiers.
· Understanding of computer science fundamentals and high level design.