The Amazon Search team creates powerful, customer-focused search solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, Amazon Search goes to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day.
In this role you will:
· Execute performance tests for benchmarking, identifying bottlenecks, and determining limits of critical factors for informing capacity planning.
· Design and implement the infrastructure for regularly quantifying and characterizing performance and scalability of Amazon Search service and its subsystems in an automated manner.
· Identify opportunities for reducing latency or resource consumption, and work with development teams to realize them.
· Enable development teams to test the performance impact of their changes in a self-service manner.
· Evaluate hardware choices for various Search workloads and influence availability of appropriate alternatives from AWS.
Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.