Prime Video is changing the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies, TV shows and Live Sports to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs. We operate in over 250 countries and territories and we aspire to grow -- a lot.
As a Senior Product Manager (Technical) for the Prime Video - Product Lifecycle Team, you will develop the strategy and vision for scaling our Catalog Platform systems. You will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional infrastructure and services are built and maintained in order to create the agility necessary to develop and incubate new solutions to challenging business problems. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to own large and complex multi-business deliverables.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and expertise, and strong business judgment, to help us execute effectively on the complex roadmaps. In this role, you will need to manage cross-functional communication, identify & mitigate risks to efficient delivery, decompose ambiguous problems into workable plans, and to lead execution across multiple teams.
· Deep experience authoring documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications
· Experience with customer development and validating products through customer feedback
· Ability to earn trust across different levels and multiple groups of a large organization
· A deep understanding of development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping quickly then iterating on the experience
· Experience communicating with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs
· Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
· 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
Looking for strong L6 PMT to lead vision for new project with senior leadership visibility.