Hundreds of millions of customers and billions of dollars in revenue. Hundreds of WW teams. The scale and impact of Amazon Search are massive.
Every day our customers worldwide discover products and services to buy by searching through billions of available items at Amazon.com.
We are looking for a technical product leader to lead the Analytics and Human Labeling initiative to (a) measure the quality and business health of Amazon Search and (b) provide human-labeled training data for Amazon Search algorithms.
In this role, you will
· Work with business leaders (e.g., category managers, country managers), user research, finance, economists, and data scientists to evolve the metrics used to measure the quality and business health of Amazon Search.
· Work with the algorithm owners to identify human labeling needs for the training data.
· Work with your engineering counterparts, human labeling vendors, and other Amazon teams to develop and run a human-labeling program to gather human-labels WW at the scale of Amazon.
· Work with your engineering counterparts to develop and run the analytics program to monitor Amazon Search's business health and identify opportunities to improve it.
· Continuously drive software, process, and the ecosystem to reduce cost, turn-around time, and deficiencies.
· Select vendors for human judgment, negotiate prices and manage their deliverables.
· Be accountable for the sensitivity, recall, and precision of the quality measurement program.
· Build a strategy and a roadmap of deliverables balancing short & long-term needs.
· Influence management and other teams to support your initiatives.
· Fuel our culture with customer-obsession by being the voice of the customer
· Influence and coordinate with other Search teams and the rest of Amazon.
· Build a strong relationship with your customers, peers, and stakeholder
This is a highly technical product management role with scientists, engineers, and leadership as primary customers. A successful candidate will understand both the consumer problems and the ML toolset used by scientists to solve them. They will evolve metrics to reflect customer experience more accurately, pragmatically simplify measurements, and drive both process and technology improvements. This person will need to possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with senior leadership, ML teams, vendors, and team members.
This candidate should be highly analytical, possess deep customer empathy, and have learning agility to keep up with technology evolution and diversity of Amazon business. Previous experience with Human Labeling programs, Search, and or Data Platforms is highly desirable.
Joining this team, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), Earth's most customer-centric company and one of the world's leading internet companies. You will be located in Palo Alto, California office, and work with our worldwide partner teams and engineering team in India.
· MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or Statistics
· Previous experience in leading Human Labeling or Search Quality Measurements initiatives
· Experience leading platform initiatives with multiple customers
· Ability to work in ambiguous situations across organizational boundaries
· Demonstrated ability to decompose significantly complex technical propositions into straightforward solutions and understand core technologies utilized in your product
· Previous experience working with remote engineering teams
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in a technical field (computer science or engineering degrees)
· 5+ years of technical product management, engineering management or engineering experience
· 2+ years of experience in product management
· Willingness to work with WW teams across time zones
· Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition, using hard data and metrics to develop and prioritize business cases, owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product, and working with engineering to harmonize engineering & product strategy
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English – with both technical and non-technical individuals; including product roadmap, business requirements, and functional specifications
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion. Ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.