Do you enjoy breaking software and services? Do you strive to understand systems, software, and services deeply in order to break them? Do you find yourself automating away your work every single day? If so, we're looking to hire you!
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security pentest team is looking to hire a Security Support Engineer to join its ranks. Our team is responsible for performing manual penetration tests for all products, services, and software released by AWS. Our team is also responsible for scaling penetration testing at AWS. To accomplish this, we write a variety of automated tooling (e.g. fuzzers, scanners, analyzers, etc.) to reduce the need to perform manual penetration testing. As a support engineer, you will be in direct contact with our security engineering team and we would look to you to help write automation and improve processes related to penetration testing at AWS.
If you're passionate about supporting the finding security bugs, writing tools to reduce manual testing, and enjoy seeing your work's impact across the internet, then this position is for you.
· Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
· Strong customer focus
· Ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
· Experience with at least one programming language (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
· Experience with any issue management system
· Hands on experience with IT security (application security, threat modeling, cryptography, penetration testing, etc.)
· Demonstrable teamwork skills
· An understanding of web services, distributed systems, or mobile applications
· Experience writing database queries/reports
· Interest in information security and a desire to learn techniques and technologies such as application security, cryptography, penetration testing, etc.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
For more information, please reach out to to AWS Recruiter, Aqsa Siddiqui (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· A minimum of 1+ years of experience with command line utilities and/or scripting on at least one computer operating system, such as Linux/Unix or Windows.
· BS in IT, CS, or related field, or equivalent work experience