Amazon Data Services France SAS is looking for a highly motivated Security Engineer to help build and scale security, while responding to security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We continually look for way to invent and simplify to scale AWS security as it expands, while driving complex issues to resolution.
As an Operational Research Security Engineer you will be expected to drive operational excellence in everything we do. This includes creating sane processes, procedures and automation to improve efficiency in our day-to-day tasks and projects. You will work closely on supporting internal customers, ensuring that their needs and issues are being addressed.
As a team member, you are part of an oncall rotation to provide critical support for Security Operations team. You also perform research to enhance the stance of Security, and the efficiency of Operations, through metrics and various data analysis.
You will be integral to developing and improving incident and change management within the security space. Responsibilities include driving initiatives regarding improvements to existing tools & processes and providing feedback on new practices & procedures in order to scale with the rapid expansion of the Amazon platform and customer base.
As an Operational Research Security Engineer you will be expected to drive quality into the metrics we report to assist us in focusing on the areas that give us the best ROI. This includes measurement of our project plans, issues, and cycle times.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Ideal candidate profile
· A high degree of organization and be very detail-oriented. Must be able to interact with and influence people at all levels.
· Quickly and intelligently respond to security incidents and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
· Build scalable incident response utilities and tools for internal use that enable your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
· The ability to contribute to and support long-term visions and direction regarding Security at Amazon.
· A proven track record of success in delivering complex projects, including coordinating and driving issues to resolution autonomously utilising excellent project management skills.
· BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, (or) 5+ years' equivalent technology experience
· 5 years' experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security
· Strong knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
· Well-rounded background in host, network and application security
· 2+ years experience building automated tools in any of these languages: C, C++, Python, Perl, and/or Ruby