Are you up to the challenge of helping secure the largest managed infrastructure in the world? The EC2 Security team is looking for security engineers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and dive into security issues at scale. We are looking for people with a passion for keeping customers secure by engineering novel solutions to complex security challenges. EC2 needs people who seek root causes like they are quests in Middle Earth, slaying dragons as a matter of course. Then once done, switching metaphors and immediately gracefully diving into a big data pool for more targets, like an orca showing off in the Puget Sound.
This position requires a person with a security background who will show EC2's security leadership by proactively identifying security flaws and vulnerabilities, quickly determining the potential risk of externally reported issues, driving for the right architecture decisions across many different teams to harden our infrastructure, and educating other members of the security operations team.
Security Engineering and Operations is part of how we keep our customer safe in a continuously changing world. As part of this, you will:
· Triage and respond to security issues, and quickly determine mitigations that work at scale.
· Define and create the processes, tools, and auto-detection technologies to mitigate abusive activities, such as botnets, DDoS, and spamming
· Partner with teams throughout the company to develop pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements while maintaining an acceptable level of risk
· Show leadership by mentoring, and educating other members of the EC2 teams
· Share on-call responsibilities to make sure we're always ready when new threats emerge.
EC2 is continually responding to customer feedback with new functionality. As part of making sure everything we provide meets our customer's security needs, you will:
· Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and system security
· Conduct sophisticated security reviews - from high-level web application architecture to OS level parameters
· Solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context, and implementing fixes to ensure that an issue will never happen again
· Maintain an understanding of the Internet threat environment and how it affects the company and keep knowledge and skills current with the rapidly changing threat landscape
· Improve EC2 Security service offerings to help our customers to protect their applications against attacks
Come join an amazing team of security experts to solve interesting security issues and keep EC2 safe for our customers. As part of your submission, please include in your cover letter a description of times you demonstrated great customer support, solved hard problems, or used dogged determination to see a solution all the way through. Please describe the events in a casual narrative voice, rather than a formal or bullet driven document.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or other technical degree or 4+ year's equivalent technology experience
· Minimum of 4 years' experience in one or more of the following: incident response, application security, network security, security operations, or network engineering.
· Experience deploying, managing, or operating Linux, preferably in a datacenter environment.
· Minimum of one year scripting or programming experience in Ruby, Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Java, C/C++, C*, Perl, or other languages.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven technical architecture design skills