Amazon Payments Services process millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars through our systems annually. We are re-inventing the vision of our platform to provide our internal clients such as Digital, Retail, AWS, B2B and others, the best payment gateway service, bench marked against the top external alternatives.
As an Application Security Engineer you will participate to secure the design and implementation of several internal and external payments services. If you enjoy analyzing the security of secure channels, services, mobile and web applications, but also create and implement secure designs and protocols, work within development teams to innovate, finding solutions to security problems at scale, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or 3+ years relevant experience
· At least 2 years of experience in system, network and/or application security engineering
· Consistent track record implementing security solutions at the business unit level
· Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix
· Knowledge of Internet protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, TACACS, IPSEC, SNMP, SYSLOG)
· Strong scripting skills in multiple common languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, bash)
· Experience in deploying and supporting web and/or payment applications in a 24x7 production environment
· Excellent communication, documentation, work prioritization and analytical skills.
· Proven design skills