Are you a passionate security engineer? Can you commit to partnering with service teams and engineers as they build services with a high level of integrity and discretion in handling sensitive information? Do you have a passion for bringing the best experience to our customers?
In this team you will have the opportunity to:
· Solve challenging problems at significant scale
· Work on innovative services that reinvent industries
· Analyze our systems and services, and have a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of mission critical projects
· Work in a start-up environment with the backing of a strong corporate support culture within Amazon
· Address security issues, build security automation tools, and help us neutralize vulnerabilities
· Be an active mentor and a trusted security advisor for the organization, driving our security culture
· Perform risk assessments, threat analysis, and information assurance functions
Security Engineers at Amazon have deep technical expertise in various security domains and influence broadly across cross-functional teams. Our Security Engineers solve complex security problems with sophisticated solutions and enable our business by helping them build secure cutting edge services. Most importantly, our Security Engineers foster a community of collaboration and seek resolution when opinions differ on the level of security risk accepted by the business.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate technical and non-technical skills, bring leadership, and great judgement. A strong track record of influencing teams to adopt secure-by-design principles and thought-leadership rounds out the candidate strengths.
· Senior-level written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Master's degree or advanced technical degree
· Advanced knowledge of application vulnerabilities.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields.
· 3+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar leadership role
· Knowledge and understanding of security engineering, application security, SDLC lifecycles, IoT, cloud services, network security, authorization and authentication, and security protocols
· 3+ years of experience conducting threat analysis, vulnerability assessments, risk management and mitigation techniques, and penetration testing.
· Technical fearlessness; comfortable in discussing complex security concepts, ability to clarify ambiguous requirements, consistently evaluating tradeoffs with technical and business teams.
· Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.