Amazon's Information Security organization is the guardian of customer trust. We are responsible for securing products, services, networks and operations across Amazon's worldwide consumer business, leading hundreds of thousands of employees across the globe. The Amazon on Other People's Computers (AOPC) Team is responsible for securing Amazon's usage of third party cloud services. We are looking for a skilled and motivated Salesforce Architect to help us deliver AOPC's security programs, tooling and automation across Amazon's vast ecosystem. If you enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment and influencing the protection of our customers within a large global organization, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
You will work with AOPC's Security Engineers, Technical Program Managers and Software Developers to define and implement usable and scalable security controls within the Salesforce environment. You will design mechanisms for verification, remediation and measurement to track Amazon's usage of Salesforce. You will partner with business stakeholders to understand their needs and challenges, and the controls and mechanisms you define will be applied at massive scale. You will use your Salesforce knowledge to enable and improve processes for customer, use case and risk tracking. You will identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve security posture across the whole portfolio of third party cloud services used by Amazon.
You have a strong understanding of driving security and solutions at scale and you recognize the common patterns and challenges that apply to all third party cloud services. You have a deep knowledge of the Salesforce platform, its common products, available controls and the challenges of implementing them. You are passionate about your work, self-motivated, detail-oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. You will deal with highly ambiguous problems, take responsibility for finding solutions, and drive towards simple solutions to complex problems. You translate readily between business and technical problem sets, and understand the relationships between them.
Key tasks include:
· Developing comprehensive configuration designs, use cases, test conditions, and training documentation to support the successful implementation of controls, initiatives and processes.
· Working with engineering and product management teams across Amazon to design, develop, deploy, and maintain scalable security solutions in a heterogeneous environment with both “bought” and “built” technologies.
· Enabling information security as a core competency in Amazon's use of third party cloud services.
· Evaluating complex business and technical requirements, communicating inherent security risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
· Expressing the strengths of the Salesforce platform, while understanding where other portfolio products can most effectively integrate to achieve the most secure and productive overall solution.
· Inputting into multi-year strategic plans for Information Security.