About Maintenance at Amazon
Operations is at the heart of Amazon's business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role
As a Control Systems Technician, you will focus on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment (MHE) such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply labeling systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets. We are committed to improvement; you will be encouraged to participate in career development opportunities as presented to progress your career at Amazon. We are committed to improvement; you will be encouraged to participate in career development opportunities as presented to progress your career at Amazon.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there's more: we don't wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Maintain material handling control systems, industrial, motor control systems, servo and frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
- Monitor Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and partner with Controls Technicians and Mechanics to resolve equipment electrical problems that create performance deficiencies
- Utilize Operation System Assessment reports to improve material handling system reliability through preventive maintenance tasks completion and identifies deficiency repairs
- Escalate to operations and network support resources for guidance and assistance to restore equipment back to operational mode with minimal downtime impact for Operations
- Communicate technical issues to RME and Amazon Operations Leadership
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
Ideal candidate profile
· High school or equivalent diploma
· 2+ years of experience with Motor Controls (motor starts, variable frequency drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components)
· 2+ years of experience with repair of control network components
· 1+ years of experience with HMI components
· 1+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs
· 1+ years of experience with Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting