Come join us, we build TTS voices that help developers revolutionize the way people interact with technology!
At Amazon we take pride in building complete end-to-end solutions, starting from researching a problem, implementing the solution, building a scalable and reliable service and ensuring the service is there when you need it.
The position is based at the Amazon office in Gdansk, Poland or Cambridge, UK.
As a Research Engineer you will work alongside Software Developers who are subject matter experts in speech synthesis and related fields. You are expected to have solid knowledge of linguistics, in particular knowledge of phonetics/phonology. You will be working on a variety of tasks to improve natural language processing of TTS (text-to-speech). You will actively collaborate with Software Developers with linguistic expertise throughout the whole language and voice building process at Amazon.
The tasks include:
- Research Science
- Normalizing textual resources through regular expressions
- Creating natural language test cases for natural language processing modules
- Labeling text with semantic, syntactic and morphological features
- Contribute to the formalization of language models through in-depth knowledge of phonological and morphosyntactic aspects of the target language
- Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines
- Producing / validating phonetic transcriptions
- QA of TTS voices and linguistic data
Ideal candidate profile
- Solid knowledge of phonetics/phonology
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python)
- Solid knowledge of regular expressions
- Ability to create / fix phonetic transcriptions in the target language
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux command line tools