Join Amazon in the fight against COVID-19!
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries helps keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. Amazon has started building incremental test capacity and we are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to assist in building the COVID-19 technology solutions.
· Participation in design and code inspections.
· Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
· API level testing.
· Analyze test logs, create test reports, and co-ordinate with stakeholders.
· Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
· Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years professional experience as an SDET, QAE or similar role
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· Understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies
· Experience building and designing test strategies and creating, managing and implementing test plans.
· Experience generating and communicating meaningful development metrics.
· Experience working with product owners defining and refining user stories.
· Agile Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban) with experience writing acceptance criteria for user stories.