Are you a QA Engineer with a passion for building great experiences? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a big impact in a company with a global reach and a startup culture? Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products.
Alexa Communications is reinventing the way customers enjoy and connect to one-another in a genuine and meaningful way. We are building products that make it easy, even effortless, for customers to connect with loved ones – no matter what device or platform they want to start that conversation on. We are gearing up to launch new products, devices, and features that just may change how people view what Alexa means in their life.
Who you are: You are a sharp, experienced quality assurance engineer with strong problem-solving skills, a solid software testing foundation, and a passion for automation. You are an individual with strong drive for results, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. You are passionate about innovating for customers, and has a track record of delivering new features and products. You should be capable of understanding complex systems. You should be able to continuously raise the bar for QAE practices by establishing and documenting procedures. You need to be abreast of the latest technologies both in the company and industry and be able to utilize them to good effect. You influence other team members to embrace best practices. What you find most interesting is creating great customer experiences and then making them frictionless and simple to use for our customers. You love building software that makes people say “wow, that is amazing” and “I did not know you could do that”. You love working with a smart, talented team because you know that makes you better. You love solving complex problems.
What you will do here: You will define the test strategy for new project initiatives, work with product owners to develop test plans and acceptance criteria, and work side by side with the SDET team to automate tests. You'll ensure our team has a strong focus on quality, from requirements through release. You will be a key influencer working with our great designers and product team to build software that millions will use. You will work closely with other teams throughout Amazon to design and architect solutions that will scale to hundreds of millions of customers. You will work on new voice based experiences and build great new features to our existing voice based experiences.
What you will get from us: A great team to work with and the chance to build top tier voice experiences at a proven top tier company. You will get a startup like culture with the stability of an established industry leader. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue learning. You will build software that will materially improve people’s lives. Work culture that fosters career growth and development through mentorship, training etc.
You should be here. Come join us now!
· Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
· Drive automation test planning, cases, and strategy across several functional teams, to both insure product quality and to contribute to Continuous Integration and Delivery efforts.
· Integrate with existing infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
· Establish processes and tool sets to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports, contributing ongoing streamlined data to our engineering dashboards.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Strong verbal and written skills
· Excellent skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
· Continually seeks to innovate with new and better processes
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
· Ability to think of the big picture
· Knowledge of communication protocols, architecture, or platforms
Ideal candidate profile
· Experience in manual testing
· 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience in automation testing
· Bachelor’s or Master's degree Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· 5+ years of industry experience in software testing
· Experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or PERL
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
· Experience with scripting to build and maintain test automation
· Experience with test driven development
· Experience in interacting and coordinating test activities across multiple teams