Looking for an opportunity to move fast and make a big impact? Are you innovative and have a relentless desire to make a difference? Can you get excited about building a business in a hyper-growth environment? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from data centers globally.
As a Principal, Builder Experience Design, you will drive the development of new design paradigms related to how AWS Builders interact with Human Resources (HR). You will take on our most complex and foundational work guiding near and long-term investments. You will work across teams, constructing and leading multi-disciplinary working groups to inform your work and drive alignment. You will dig deeply into research, commission your own studies, partner with Employee Brand, product, design, and content teams to experiment and continually grow our understanding of Builder needs and motives, as well as design new experiences that introduce new dimensions to how HR supports our Builders. The ideal candidate is a passionate, yet pragmatic design leader that can analyze employee behaviors, identify opportunities to solve problems, and create an innovative Builder experience in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
In this role, you will:
1/ Work with Line HR and product and process partners to create solutions that meet a high customer experience bar and fit with the product requirements
2/ Deliver detailed design documentation and refined design standards to engineers and partners
3/ Initiate and manage user experience research and testing
4/ Balance design with HR service delivery objectives and compliance requirements, resulting in extraordinary Builder experiences
5/ Solicit and accept feedback, weigh inputs and priorities, and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve healthy debates
6/ Re:Imagine how AWS Builders interact with HR products and processes with intentional experiences rooted in persona development and research and intentional journey mapping
· Master’s Degree in visual/graphic design, HCI (Human Computer Interaction), interaction design, or related field preferred. May be substituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments.
· Experience in user research, particularly in qualitative methodologies
· Experience in building interactive prototypes
· Demonstrated ability to influence product and/or process decisions
· Demonstrated ability to drive customer/end-user impact
· Exceptional communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
· A track record of successfully working across teams to synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 10+ years of professional experience in the UX design field
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
· International experience
· Ability to travel 25%