We're working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We are looking for a Hardware Integration Engineer to support the development of propulsion hardware and related test systems. In this role you will develop and assemble prototypes for test hardware, add and increase engineering rigor, help deploy new test systems, and support its fabrication. You will also be responsible for developing new test hardware and supporting ongoing development efforts.
The ideal candidate will help the team in the following ways:
· Develop requirements for test hardware and related systems
· Develop firmware and hardware to support new test hardware
· Integrate and validate prototype test methods and hardware
· Increase the engineering rigor behind the designs and formalize documentation.
· Find create technical approaches to encourage frugality and to invent and simplify
If this sounds like the role for you, come make history with us!
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon's ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, or similar
· Experience with CAD software
· Experience with electrical schematics
· Proficiency in Python, Matlab, or equivalent scripting languages
· Experience developing test hardware and test systems
· Experience in requirements development and documentation
· Experience in Industrial environments
· Experience with written and verbal communication in industry settings
· Hardware integration experience