Amazon India Payments team at Amazon India Development Center, Bangalore is looking for a Frontend Engineer to build the next generation UI platform and product from the ground up. This platform once built will be used across different teams, reusing the components and frameworks developed by this team. This platform will be scaled to be used by Amazon.in customers and also will also be designed to support other emerging economies which have similar requirements like India and the role provides a huge opportunity for the developers to build a strong portfolio of patents for Amazon.
We are looking for passionate, experienced software developers that can lead a team of developers in delivering high quality platform solutions that support variety of customer use cases and are extensible to handle amazon scale.
Developers in the team need a strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and practical experience in building large scale systems. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, is also helpful.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years professional experience in Web development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
· Understands the implications of introducing dependencies.