AWS Networking Analysis and Visualization analyzes one of the largest networking infrastructures in the world. We are responsible for collecting, analyzing and presenting the metrics needed to make intelligent choices about how to operate a network. We highlight trends and outliers for our fleet health and performance, our operational response, and any customer impact. This guides the direction of AWS Networking, helps everyone better understand the environment they operate in. Amazon is a data-driven company, and we make sure people have access to the correct data, and present it in such a way that they are sure to understand it. We work closely with stakeholders to understand the questions and concerns they have, and how best to answer them.
Amazon Web Services is looking for smart candidates that can extract value from untapped data. We are looking for candidates with a passion for metrics, unfettered curiosity and a demonstrated ability to dive deep. Amazon’s complex and rapidly growing network generates a constant stream of challenges that requires you to continually innovate with an evolving set technologies. A successful candidate will be comfortable working with a broad range of data sources and presentation mediums. It is essential that they understand automating analyses and tailoring metrics so that they're understandable to the audience.
As a team we proactively support knowledge-sharing and as leaders of data science at AWS, we embrace opportunities to teach company-wide. Since every business at Amazon relies on a network that runs smoothly, the right candidate will guide the business and communicate value, work collaboratively to develop pragmatic yet flexible solutions and move forward in the face ambiguity. The candidate should be willing to build good working relationships with partners with data problems within the team and across AWS.
· Identify, extract, and transform both structured and unstructured data collected from internal tools and systems
· Promote best practices in creating storage solutions, persistence layers and presentation models
· Communicate with customers to ensure data is correctly understood and actionable
· Communicate with software teams and tool developers to expand and improve data collection
· Work with AWS leadership to present key findings from analyses to stakeholders
· Provide input on how best to measure the impact and progress of ongoing efforts
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Visit www.amazon.jobs for more information