Description de l'offre
Would you like to be the go-to Data Engineer for a team that constantly learns new domains, tools and data sources to identify best practices from across Amazon's broad offerings and propagate them globally?
Amazon's Internal Benchmarking team is looking for a Data Engineer (DE) to join our Seattle-based team to design, manage, and continuously enhance our Benchmarking Analytics Foundation (BEAF), upon which the Benchmarking teams will develop and deliver many analytics applications including metrics generation, metrics correlation, economics models, knowledge modeling, and many other use cases to help improve process effectiveness, customer experience, and supplier experience. As the lead DE, you will manage the Redshift/Spectrum/EMR infrastructure and build data pipelines, tools, and reports that enable program managers, analysts, BIEs, solution architects, and executives to design and deliver benchmarking services for Amazon's business units. You will work with stakeholders to gather requirements for data logging, storing, transforming, and reporting. For approximately 1/3 of the time, you will participate in benchmark execution serving as the BI SME.
* Manage Redshift/Spectrum/EMR infrastructure, and drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
* Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems
* Design, implement, automate, and monitor data pipelines
* Write Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs and Redshift/Spectrum/EMR jobs to calculate business metrics
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
* Serve as the BI SME on benchmarking projects
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience
* 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence or related field, and 3+ years professional experience
* Experience in writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
* Detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments
* Experience in data visualization software (Tableau/Quickview) or open-source project
* Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR
* Experience as BA or BIE on business projects in addition to DW operations/support (e.g., Redshift)