Description de l'offre
Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer centric company with lot of high end innovation and product development including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. We provide customers a fully integrated service with instant access to over 27 million movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games.
There’s a revolution brewing to bring convenience, simplicity, efficiency, and fun to our lives, and you can be a part of it! We are hiring a Data Engineer to be a part of the team in creating customer experiences to discover, personalize, and acquire Alexa Skills for devices such as Amazon Echo and Amazon Fire TV. If you’re not familiar with Alexa and Skills you can learn more here: https://amazon.com/alexaskills.
The ideal candidate relishes working with large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. He/she is an expert with data modeling, ETL design and business intelligence tools and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities where improvements in data infrastructure creates outsized business impact. He/she is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail) and enjoys working in a fast-paced team. The ideal candidate need to possess exceptional technical expertise in large scale data warehouse and BI systems with hands-on knowledge on SQL, Distributed/MPP data storage, Hadoop and AWS services.
· Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
· Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL, Oracle, Redshift, and OLAP technologies
· Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
· Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
· Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, Python and Spark.
· Build and deliver high quality datasets to support business analyst and customer reporting needs.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes
· Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
· 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
· 3+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
· Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
· Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, etc.
· Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS.
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
· Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.