Description de l'offre
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally bright, talented, and driven people who are willing to work hard and have fun. If you would like to help us build Amazon Web Services, this could be your opportunity to help us make history.
The Media Technician is responsible for conducting sanitization and liquidation of commercial data center equipment. This role requires effective coordination and communications across multiple operations teams. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly and accurately complete tasks related to media sanitization, network device sanitization, inventory tracking, asset lifecycle state changes, as well as physical removal of equipment. You must possess: technical aptitude, situational awareness, bias for action, and strong communication skills. Exceptional candidates will be process improvement minded and the ability to deploy identified process improvements to the field. This position requires the ability to successfully operate in high pressure, time-sensitive situations while firmly adhering to internal data handling policies.
· Ensuring all media handling policies are followed.
· Perform data sanitization on all equipment prior to liquidation or destruction.
· Perform asset lifecycle state changes.
· Perform Process Improvement. Record data on process inefficiencies and risk then work with supporting teams to eliminate or mitigate issues.
· Data Center Operations is a 24x7 team and this position may require work furing non-business hours.
Effective May 15, 2017, logical access to the AWS GovCloud region will be restricted to Amazon employees who are U.S. Citizens. (GovCloud may NOT be accessed from outside of the United States)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
All candidates should exhibit the following:
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· A working understanding of server grade hardware.
· Advanced understanding of networking hardware.
· Proven experience in problem solving and addressing customer service related issues by working with other internal teams toward a shared objective.
· This position has a physical component. Candidates should be able to safely lift 50lbs of hardware in cramped or elevated spaces.
· A valid driver's license and vehicle is required.
· Local travel may be required.
· Employment for all candidates is contingent upon passing a background check.