Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon Associates will deliver world class service to our customers.
Amazon is looking for a Training Specialist based in BOG who is a strong people leader, skilled program leader, great communicator and innovator. The Training Specialist will lead and support a team of up to 30 Customer Service Associates.
The number one priority for this role is to provide an exceptional training experience. The ideal Training Specialist creates an optimal adult learning environment (both in person and virtually) that encourages long term success. The Training Specialist is responsible for the coaching, development, performance and engagement of their Associates.
Training Specialists deliver programs of diverse modalities that include but are not limited to, self-directed, instructor led, virtual, and experiential learning. They are professionals in using quantitative and qualitative data to identify training and coaching needs. A Training Specialist is a clever communicator. They utilize the most effective training techniques to engage Associates and manage learning sessions. They are also leaders in driving initiatives and programs that continuously improve the training experience.
Training Specialists are open and approachable, engage with their people individually to understand how to most effectively coach and motivate them, and invest time in developing their people. They build a work environment where associates are empowered and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world class service. Training Specialists take care of all elements of the associates’ satisfaction at work, including communication and management of their scheduling, payroll, and take action on emerging issues and risks in their team.
Training Specialist are experts in articulating the Amazon mission and deeply understand the expectations of the Amazon Contact Tenets and Leadership Principles. They ensure people understand the importance of their role and how it supports the Amazon flywheel.
The ideal applicant:
· Is an expert in Amazon processes and policies.
· Is a role model for exceptional contact handling.
· Can review contacts and identify WOW moments.
· Has strong time management and organizational skills.
· Completes tasks on time to a high quality standard.
· Drives team engagement and actions through survey, feedback results and insights.
Cultivates a positive work environment with associates, training specialist and other leaders
· Applies coaching techniques effectively.
· Can use data and insights to identify system and team issues.
Insist on the Highest Standards
· Knows and communicates the Amazon mission, vision and strategy.
· Ability to confidently facilitate team discussions and communicate business messages.
· Is able to help Associates understand the performance bar and provide support to help them to reach it.
· Is a positive communicator who understands when necessary how to have tough conversations.
· Maintains a high level of professionalism and approachability.
Invent and Simplify
· Is always looking for ways to simplify and improve the training experience.
· Drives process and project improvements focused on enhancing quality at local and network levels.