Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company--and the Customer Service Operations Manager is at the forefront of that mission.
We work toward a single goal: To ensure the best possible experience for our customers. To do that, we empower our people to think like owners and solve problems. As a team, we are focused on continuously improving and setting new standards in customer support. You need to love developing individuals at all stages of their careers and not be afraid to get your hands dirty. You have to thrive in the type of environment that is constantly going and growing. In the words of Jeff Bezos’ “Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” Can you develop leaders, react quickly, and deliver on initiatives that involve the front line and all levels of leadership? Then Amazon may be the place for you.
A Day in the Life of an Ops Manager involves:
· Leading and managing 6-10 direct reports and 200-300 indirect reports.
· Diving into data to identify the root of a problem and solving it (no matter how large or small the scale)
· Managing workflow, escalations and effectively delegating across your leadership team.
· Driving the creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality/process change initiatives, and Lean/Kaizen activities in our fast paced environment.
· Ensuring the development of your direct and indirect reports as you continue to raise the bar on talent.
· Work with business teams to illustrate and improve the customer experience.
· Being prepared to positively influence three levels down and three levels up at a moments notice.