Who we are:
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Customer Service Training team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting the global AWS Customer Service organization to stay on top of the growing set of services and features and to exceed in their mission-critical role.
AWS Customer Service provides global support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We help our customers understand what Cloud Computing is all about, and whether it can be useful for their business needs. We help with account and billing related inquiries, and interface with AWS teams to provide the perspective of the Voice of the Customer.
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Curriculum Developer who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong training and development background. As a curriculum developer, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing high quality training content for technical and non-technical learning programs for AWS Support’s global sites. This role focuses on instructional design and curriculum development but does not typically involve delivery of training. You will play a significant role in the training and development of a successful and effective global support team.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Collaborate effectively with AWS Service teams, subject matter experts (SMEs) and others on the AWS Support team to develop technical training content as well as non-technical curriculum.
· Conducts stakeholder and SME interviews to determine, recommend and document training needs and projects.
· Perform needs analyses using available data and evaluate program results to continuously improve learning effectiveness.
· Assist with development of learner engagement strategies and evaluation plans.
· Designs and develops course content applying adult learning principles including but not limited to measurable learning objectives, scenarios, simulations, audio scripts, progress checks, performance evaluations and knowledge assessments.
· Utilizes ADDIE, SAM, Kirkpatrick and other recognized models to design, develop and publish engaging course content, learning activities and knowledge assessments for ILT, online, virtual and blended modalities.
· Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format (usually from face-to-face to eLearning and virtual).
· Revise, rewrite and review course content for accuracy.
· Upload, test and maintain content to an LMS.
· Manage multiple projects and programs concurrently.
· Provide train the trainer sessions (classroom or virtual/remote) to support implementation of training programs across the AWS global enterprise.