Audible, an Amazon company, is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. For years, Audible has been best known for delivering our customers the world's best selection of beautifully narrated audiobooks. We are now taking that same passion and energy to deliver an unmatched short-form spoken word content offering including original drama, comedy, storytelling, periodicals, plays, lectures and more.
We are looking for an highly efficient and process-driven individual to join the Content team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for handling, managing and transferring of the digital audio, metadata and image files from receipt to publication. This includes working with our internal production teams and external publishing partners in both the UK and Australia to ensure titles are processed in a timely manner and published to schedule. The ideal candidate would also have an excellent eye for detail and strives on improving processes and identifying areas for development.
This role would suit a candidate looking to enter the audiobook publishing industry or a candidate looking to branch out from traditional production roles.
Please note this is a 6 month fixed term contract position
Key Responsibilities Include
· Receiving and checking audio files, images and metadata from internal and external providers with a high level of accuracy
· Editing and updating all UK & AU metadata and images from providers, including internal teams and external publishing partners
· Preparing metadata for publication (indexing) and ensuring it conforms to Audible's house style
· Fulfilling provider requests including image replacements and pricing updates
· Liaising with the internal Production and Acquisition teams to ensure all AU and UK Audible Studios titles publish to schedule
· Ability to work closely, build good working relationships and effectively communicate with colleagues in other Audible countries and functions
· Coordinate and communicate forward-looking schedule updates to the AU & UK merchandising and content promotion teams
· Handling ad hoc queries from internal and external stakeholders regarding AU & UK titles
· General assistance as and when needed on UK processing tasks as advised by Content Coordinator
· Monitoring the Content group inbox
· Supporting business acquisitions teams with administrative tasks
Ideal candidate profile
· Fluency in Excel, MS Word and experience of data entry tasks
· Prior experience of copy editing and/or proofreading
· Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced environment
· Highly organized with some experience of establishing and continually improving processes
Excellent attention to detail