Are you interested in sharing your cloud domain expertise and spreading your passion for these technologies with other technology enthusiasts? Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training and Certification is looking for cloud technologists with a desire to build engaging technical training on AWS services, as a Cloud Technologist (Technical Curriculum Developer).
Customers are rapidly adopting AWS as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training to help build their technical skills and develop proficiency with AWS. AWS Training & Certification is developing highly technical instructor-led courses with hands-on labs (ILT), e-learning courses that can be accessed 24x7, and self-paced labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn as you develop training, and to teach and play at the same time!
Our Technical Curriculum Developers will have excellent writing skills, healthy technical domain expertise, and the ability to translate technical content into easy-to-understand learning. Additionally, our ideal candidates will have training or technical documentation experience, and above all, a passion for learning.
Responsibilities (What’s cool about this job?):
· You will have the opportunity to dive deep into AWS technologies and solutions, covering domains such as Big Data, Web Applications, Security, Networking, High Performance Computing, Storage, Databases, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies and other solution areas, to understand the services and develop effective training for our AWS customers.
· You will work across teams at AWS! Work with audience representatives to understand training needs and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts across AWS (including Developers, Support Engineers, Professional Services consultants and Solutions Architects) to build technical training.
· You get to make things happen! Whether you’re building relationships with service teams to shape content, or facilitating requirements gathering sessions to define innovations on how training is absorbed, you’ll be a key influencer on how AWS educates customers on services and features.
· Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired.
· Current AWS Certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer).
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ideal candidate profile
· Technical degree (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics) or relevant work experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
· Some travel required, primarily for internal meetings and event support (10-25%).